LEONARDTOWN, MD – The Commissioners of St. Mary’s County (CSMC) will host a joint public meeting with the St. Mary’s County Legislative Delegation on October 3, 2023, at 6 p.m., in the CSMC meeting room, located in the Chesapeake Building at 41770 Baldridge Street in Leonardtown, MD.
The purpose of this meeting is to consider requests by the CSMC and proposals by organizations and members of the public for enactment of legislation during the 2024 Regular Session of the Maryland General Assembly.
This year the following legislative proposals were submitted to the CSMC for consideration:
- Requiring state-owned nursing homes to report certain deficiencies to local governing bodies.
- Creating a new class of beer and wine license for nonprofit theatres.
- Creating a new class of permits for beer, wine, and liquor tasting.
- Requesting funding for Southern Maryland animal agriculture and livestock farmers transitioning to plant-based agriculture.
- Requesting funding for a program to better preserve local produce for long-term storage.
- Reporting to the General Assembly on which public highways the Commissioners consider appropriate for the operation of golf carts.
A copy of the legislative proposals will be available in the County Attorney’s Office and online at: stmaryscountymd.gov/docs/LegislativeProposals2024.pdf. Meeting information and related documents can be viewed online at: stmaryscountymd.gov/publichearings.
Citizens are encouraged to attend and participate in the public meeting. Those wishing to address the Commissioners and members of the St. Mary’s County Legislative Delegation may participate in-person or provide their feedback via:
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to: P.O. Box 653, Leonardtown, MD 20650
Appropriate accommodation for individuals with special needs will be provided upon request. To meet these requirements, we respectfully request 1 week’s prior notice. Please contact the CSMC Office at (301) 475-4200 ext. 1340. Proceedings are televised live and recorded for later broadcast. All content of these proceedings is subject to disclosure under the Maryland Public Information Act. Photographic, electronic audio-visual broadcasting and recording devices are used during CSMC meetings. These are public meetings and attendance at these meetings automatically grants SMCG permission to broadcast your audio and visual image.