The Calvert County Board of County Commissioners announces county offices will be closed Friday, July 3, 2020, in observance of Independence Day. In addition:
· Meals on Wheels will not be delivered Friday, July 3. However, participants are provided shelf-stable meals in advance. Requests for meal delivery can be made through the Office on Aging at 410-535-4606 or OOAmailbox@calvertcountymd.gov.
· There will be no county bus service Friday, July 3.
· The Appeal Landfill and county convenience centers will be open Friday, July 3 and closed Saturday, July 4. The Mt. Hope, Appeal and Barstow convenience centers will reopen Sunday, July 5 with normal operating hours and the Appeal Landfill will remain closed.
· The Water & Sewerage billing and customer service office will be closed Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4.
· The Solomons Septage Receiving Facility will be open Friday, July 3 and closed Saturday, July 4. On-call crews will be available for water and sewer service emergencies only at 410-535-3491.
· Chesapeake Hills Golf Course will be open July 3-5 with normal hours. Modified policies and procedures for golfers and staff have been implemented to comply with distancing requirements and protective guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. The course is open to all users.
· Kings Landing Park will be open Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4 from 9 a.m.to 5 p.m.
· Flag Ponds Nature Park will be open Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. for Calvert County residents only.
· Battle Creek Cypress Swamp will be closed Friday, July 3 and will reopen Saturday, July 4. The nature center is closed until further notice, but park trails will be open.
· Kings Landing pool will be open Friday, July 3 from 6-7 a.m., close at 7 a.m. for team swim practice and reopen from noon to 7 p.m. Cove Point pool will be open Friday July 3 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Both pools will be open Saturday, July 4, noon to 5 p.m. and Sunday, July 5, noon to 7 p.m. for lap swim only. Access is limited to Calvert County residents only and pool time will be limited to one hour. To prevent lines and wait times, swimmers must reserve a swim time through the WebTrac online registration system at https://webtrac.co.cal.md.us/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/splash.html. Walk-ins will not be admitted.
· All recreation parks including Dunkirk, Hallowing Point, Cove Point and Solomons Town Center parks will be open. Parks close at civil twilight.
· Breezy Point Beach & Campground will be open to Calvert County residents only. Holiday weekend hours of operation are Friday, July 3, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday, July 4, and Sunday, July 5 from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Breezy Point Beach is limited to 100 people.
· The Linda L. Kelley Animal Shelter and Animal Control Division will be closed Friday, July 3 through the holiday weekend. The shelter will reopen Tuesday, July 7 by appointment only.
· Calvert Library locations will be accepting curbside appointments on Friday, July 3, 1-5 p.m. Library locations will be closed on Saturday, July 4.
The following facilities remain closed until further notice as a preventative measure to help slow the spread of COVID-19:
· The Edward T. Hall Indoor Aquatic Center remains closed.
· County senior centers remain closed.
· Community centers remain closed.
· The Calvert Marine Museum and Museum Store remain closed.
Find information on Calvert County Government services online at www.CalvertCountyMd.gov. Stay up to date with Calvert County Government on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CalvertCountyMd.